by Adriana Anders
Battered by a life determined to tear him down
This quiet ex-con’s scarred hands may be the gentlest touch she’ll ever know.
…if only life were a fairy tale where Beauty was allowed to keep her Beast
Ivan thought the world was through giving him second chances. Who’d want a rough ex-con with a savior complex and a bad habit of bringing home helpless strays? Everyone in Blackwood, Virginia knew he wasn’t good enough for the fine things in life; they knew he was too damaged to save. He just needed to keep his head down, work himself to the bone, and pretend he was content with the lot he was given.
Until she came into his life. Until she changed everything.
Until he realized he would do anything, fight anyone, tear the world apart if it meant saving her.
Hanging with author Adriana Anders!
1. When did you decide to become a writer? Why?
My addiction to reading happened at around ten years old and intensified when I read my first romance. From that time on, the notion of being a writer flitted around the back of my brain pretty much constantly. There are many, many half-finished books saved on a hard drive somewhere in my basement, but it wasn’t until I had my second child, in my mid-thirties, that I got the courage to pursue it seriously. I guess you could say I blame my daughter for getting me this far. <3
2. What are some of your favorite authors/books?
In romance, I’m most often drawn to gritty, emotional realism (with a happy ending, of course). Most of my auto-buy authors provide that in spades.
· Cara McKenna’s After Hours and Hard Times are some of the sexiest things you’ll ever read.
· Anne Calhoun mixes a heady combination of feels, steaminess and emotion in books like Liberating Lacey.
· M. O’Keefe’s heroes are 100% my jam. Start with Everything I Left Unsaid for the dark, sexy emotion (not to mention the dark, sexy hero).
· Sarina Bowen can do no wrong. Her characters are so perfectly flawed and her writing unputdownable. Delve into Bittersweet and you’ll see what I mean.
· Other authors I can’t get enough of are Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Megan Hart, Barbara Kingsolver, Susanna Kearsley, HelenKay Dimon, and Amanda Bouchet.
3. Have you written a book where the ending surprised you?
All of them! Endings are my utter ruination. I’m an impatient person, which makes me rush them—because I can’t wait to get to the HEA, of course! The one that’s surprised me the most thus far was an ending my characters made me write for In His Hands, Book 3 of the Blank Canvas series. I cried when I wrote it.
4. Can readers find you at any Author/Reader conventions in the near future?
Yes! I’m planning on traveling lots this year and I’m super excited to meet readers and other authors! I’ll be heading up to Boston for the NECRWA (April 7-8), then RT in Atlanta (May 2-7) and most likely RWA in Orlando (July 26-29). I also hope to attend the WRW Luncheon in October (as an author, finally—yay!) Check in on social media for updates!
5. What are you working on now? When will it be available?
By Her Touch, Blank Canvas book 2, will be out on April 4th and the 3rd book in the series, In His Hands, releases in August. I’m super excited to get those stories out into the world.
I’ve got a couple new projects in the works. One is a series that may or may not involve ridiculously hot Navy SEALS and the other is a little something I’ve got up my sleeve for Newsletter recipients. If anyone wants to get in on that, sign up at: www.adrianaanders.com.
6. Top 3 things on your bucket list?
Live by the ocean (a sea or even a really big lake would probably do.)
Learn how to sail a boat
Generally, I’d just like to eat oysters and crabs, watch my kids play, and drink wine with my family and friends for days and days. Gosh, this one seems pretty doable, right?
Adriana Anders has acted and sung, slung cocktails and corrected copy. She’s worked for start-ups, multinationals and small nonprofits, but it wasn’t until she returned to her first love—writing romance—that she finally felt like she’d come home. Today, she resides with her tall French husband, two small children and fat French cat in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, where she writes the dark, gritty, steamy love stories of her heart.