Monday, November 2, 2015

Spotlight w/Character Profile - The Best Laid Wedding Plans (Magnolia Brides, Book 1) by Lynnette Austin

The Best Laid Wedding Plans
Magnolia Brides, Book 1
by Lynnette Austin

ISBN: 9781492617976
Release date: November 3, 2015
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Imprint: Sourcebooks Casablanca
 

Summary: 
 

SOME DREAMS ARE WORTH WHATEVER IT TAKES 

Jenni Beth Beaumont left her broken heart behind when she took her dream job in Savannah. But after her brother's death, Jenni Beth returns home to help mend her parents' hearts as well as restore their beautiful but crumbling antebellum mansion. New dreams take shape as Jenni Beth sets to work replacing floors and fixing pipes to convert the family homestead into the perfect wedding destination. However, some folks in their small Southern town are determined to see her fail. 

Cole Bryson was once the love of Jenni Beth's life, but the charming architectural salvager has plans of his own for the Beaumont family home. As the two butt heads, old turmoil is brought to the surface and Cole and Jenni Beth will have to work through some painful memories and tough realities before they can set their pasts aside and have a second chance at their own happily ever after.

 
Buy Links:  Amazon   B&N   Indie Bound   Apple

*****************************
Misty Bottoms Character Profile
 
Full Name: James Donald Belcher
Nickname: Jimmy Don
Occupation: Sheriff
Physical description: Five-feet-eleven, brown hair and eyes, and a good twenty pounds too heavy.  He dresses in full uniform and a wide-brimmed trooper’s hat.
Age: 42
 
Describe yourself in 100 words or less:  
People tend to think of me as a donut-eatin’, coffee-drinkin’ stereotype of a small-town sheriff. They might add that I’m a little on the lazy side. Don’t let any of that fool you. I’ve got my finger on the pulse of both Misty Bottoms and its citizens.  
Jenni Beth Beaumont’s moving back, intent on turning the town into some kind of fancy wedding destination. I don’t doubt that she can do it. That girl’s got more drive than a Chevy pickup. I can handle the change. A lot of the townsfolk forget I have a degree in criminal justice as well as my police academy training. I know my job, and I take it very seriously.
 
What is your favorite thing about living in Misty Bottoms? Where in Misty Bottoms can you most often be found? 
The folks here are good, up-standing citizens. I don’t go to work in the morning worrying about bank robberies or hostage situations. Once in a while, one of the teens might paper somebody’s house or, on a Saturday night, someone has a little too much at Duffy’s Pub and I have to give him a ride home. For the most part, though, we have a quiet little town. Never boring, though. Big difference there. 
I hang out at Dee-Ann’s Diner quite a bit. Not because I like to eat, although her pies are some of the best you’ll ever taste, but because it keeps me plugged in with what’s happening. I hear a heck of a lot more there than I do riding around in my cruiser.
 
When not working, how do you spend your time?  
I enjoy woodworking, so I spend a lot of time in my shop with my pal Virgil. Right now, we’re crafting a coffee table for his son and daughter-in-law. When my wife replaced our fridge, I hauled the old one out there and bought a new flat screen TV. Virgil had a couple old chairs he dragged in. We’ve got ourselves a pretty good little place to catch the games.
 
If money was no object and you had 3 weeks of vacation, what would you do with your time? 
I haven’t seen my older brother Owen in more years than I care to think about. He’s living up in Sitka, Alaska. If I had the time and money, that’s where I’d head. My wife’s been bugging me to do that ever since she watched Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock in that movie, The Proposal. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve told her they didn’t actually film the movie there, that they did it somewhere in Massachusetts. But will she listen? Heck, no. It would be nice, though, to see Owen again.
 
Describe your dream wedding: 
Seriously? My dream wedding? To be honest, I’d let the flowers and all that up to my wife. I’ve learned that it’s easiest just to go along. You know what I would like, though? I saw a picture on the internet of a couple who had their cake made from Krispy Kreme donuts. Now that would be somethin’ I could get behind.
 
*****************************
 
Author Bio: 

The luxury of staying home when the weather turns nasty, of working in PJs and bare feet, and the fact that daydreaming is not only permissible but encouraged, are a few of the reasons middle school teacher Lynnette Austin gave up the classroom to write full-time. Lynnette grew up in Pennsylvania’s Alleghany Mountains, moved to Upstate New York, then to the Rockies in Wyoming. Presently she and her husband divide their time between Southwest Florida’s beaches and Georgia’s Blue Ridge Mountains. A finalist in RWA's Golden Heart Contest, PASIC's Book of Your Heart Contest, and Georgia Romance Writers' Maggie Contest, she’s published five books as Lynnette Hallberg. She’s currently writing as Lynnette Austin. Having grown up in a small town, that’s where her heart takes her—to those quirky small towns where everybody knows everybody...and all their business, for better or worse.  

Social Networking Links: 

No comments:

Post a Comment